Allrighty then

ok so here is the sitrep. my manche broke down on me 200 miles from home and i spent two days straight and fixed it and drove it home. Now the little bastard has grown on me even more to the point that i want to make it a respectalbe rig. The cowl is shot and leaks and the floors are rusted out. the interior is pretty much gutted with exception to the bench seat that has no springs for the sliders, a bungeed gauge cluster the steering wheel and shift knob and a drivers side seat belt. This thing is a beast but for 500 bucks it does the job rediculously well. Ok so should I jsut look for a rolling chassis in great shape or fix the old beast?

well the cowl is the main problem cause it leaks, even though it hasnt rained much I think before i do that i need to swap the doors back to manual window doors cause the electric ones that are on it have shot motors. some jackass swapped them and didnt realise they were blown. Plus its gonna get hot here soon so i figured id better have windows that roll down. Does anyone know if the bracket with tensioner or idler pully can be purchased so i can remove my ac compressor the trucks ac is shot and i already removed all the hvac $#!& and bypassed the heater core. the only thing left is the condenser and the compressor.

I totally agree to fix what you have.........parts are very available for the MJ's, and XJ's of the same era make great donors :D

3 years ago, I picked up a '89 for 500, and ended up spending another 1500 and some time to go thru it bumper to bumper...........I'll jump it it and take it anywhere now, last month I did a 780 trip in one day with it, and never had a problem.

The Mj's are 20 years old, they need a lot of TLC, and once that's done, just a little routine maintenance here and there, and still a strong running beast :D

I have no idea where your located, but just ask on here, and I'm sure someone near you have parts that you might need, as you seen in the replies.

Keep another MJ on the road :thumbsup:

I'm from central florida, i guess i should update my profile. The boggest concern I have with is the wiring. I already sent emails to a couple places about making a harness for me but they all said that they didnt have wnything for my application. I was going to unclip a connecter in hte engine bay and it snapped cause its old. I jsut wish i could get a new harness without having to go to the dealership.

Like I said, a few of us have parts, what your looking for, if the dealer even can get the harness, you could buy another XJ for parts less.

You just need to ask around for what parts your looking for, and some one will jump in :D

You didn't really need to put your location up, but it does help with what your asking, It's like, hey, your right around the corner......and I got......Ya know :D

We're all here to help you find the parts and keep that MJ running and on the road :banana:

true that i do need to get my @$$ to the jy. I already have some XJ buckets that I need to modify to fit the mj and i need to get a set of doors i can use the front doors off a 4dr xj right? I also need to get a camera to get some picks of my ride I'm sure some of you guys would get a kick out of seeing it.