CPS Replacement

Hey. So I'm going to replace my CPS :clapping: . The darn thing is acting up a bunch and hopefully replacing it will fix the problems (won't start+stalling at stop signs=blech :mad: .). I just got off the phone with a guy from napa and they said they had 2 different types of the sensors. one with a black coating and one wtih a grey coating. do you know which one i need? I have a 1987 wtih a 4.0L I6 connected to a peugeot transmission. Thanx!

Haha definitly. So i wasnt able to get the part today because i had to go to my emt class, but I'm going to order it in the morning and have it in by the late afternoon tomorrow or sometime saturday! Saweet!! :banana:

damn. so i just got back from napa. they had to ship the part over here from somewhere in virginia, but oh well. ill be getting it sometime on weds. anyways, i found out the difference between the grey and black wire coatings. The grey one is the high alt. cps (the one that i ordered) and the black one is the federal one. so yea! i can't wait to get it.

• 2 weeks later...

Alrighty. so i finally got the cps from napa on monday and i had a friend come over and help me with replacing it today. the comanche runs perfectly now and starts when i want it to start. um. i think there is some loss in power but its barely noticeable. When my friend and i pulled the old cps it was covered in a bunch of gunk so that was probably a big factor in the cps problem. so yea. remember kids!!! always clean your cps!!! :smart:

You're right down the road from my old stompin' grounds, Santa Cruz. Bikinis, Beach and Boardwalk and Beer jamminz.gif
haha YEEEEAAAH. i go to cabrillo college in the fall simester and i love going to the beach for taht reason lol.

ok. so i was kidding about the losing power part. i was driving it around town a bunch today and i realized there there was a nice little improvement to the power :clapping:. WOOHOO!!!
it would be greatly appreciated if you can provide us the part no. :brows: so others can enjoy the boost :cheers:

The high alt. cps has a grey coating around the two wires that connect to the wiring harness. The federal one has a black coating. So get the grey one! And the part no.? you sure your ready for this? haha. at napa the part no. is CSS637.