Buying a SWB Gas Tank

Who has the best deals out there on the net? Looks like prices range from about $120 to $180...

I walked into the garage today and smelled gas. Further investigation showed that it was dripping down the frame of the truck. I'll need to drive the truck this weekend, after that I can take the tank out and confirm that the tank is bad.

And I thought I was going to have a nice and relaxing spring break this year... :doh:

Before you buy the tank, be sure it's not leaking from the fuel pump mounting flange. I replaced the tank in my '87, drove it to the gas station to fill up my nice, shiny new tank -- and was horrified to see gasoline running out from under the truck while I pumped.

Looks like I found one that will get me by for an unbeatable deal.

Hows THAT for turn around time! Not even 2 hours and I found what I needed.

Pete - Thank You for CC!

I still would be interested in finding out who has the best deal on gas tanks though for future reference... :dunno:

I'm referring to dfreeman16 - found out he has one laying in his garage about an hour away from where I live...

I will look into checking the tank over to see where the problem is. I need to drive the truck home though before I get too crazy with it...