Mouse trap car

MJ300

Ok, I decided to ditch the 4X4 idea, and go for the farthest distance after all. As of yesterday it was went the furthest (70 feet) but today one other group got within .4 of a meter of mine!!! :doh: The major problem with my car is that the wheels wobble ALOT when it goes and I can't get them to stay straight!! :headpop:

They're held on by hot glue but it seems like the hot glue is too flexible and can't stay in place. So I was thinking that if I used a less flexible glue such as Gorrilla Glue they might be able to keep their shape. Any other suggestions on how to make the wheels stay in line and not wobble. :???: I'll have pics of it tonight hopefully. :cheers:

Do the wheels turn on the axles, or do the axles turn through the frame??

It looks like the axles turn..

I think you just need to make some sort of jig the allows you to put the wheels on square.. The gorilla glue should work pretty good, might even be lighter then the hotglue. You could also use something like the bottom of syrofoam cups to kinda square the wheels up and give more support inward on the axles.

If the wheels turn maybe you could get another 4 short pieces of straws that are a larger dia to slip over the axles using a bit of graphite so to cut the friction.

Gorilla glue is awesome stuff. Wicked strong. :thumbsup: Just need to be aware that it expands slightly as it cures. The items need to be held firmly in place for a couple hours. I glued my boots back together a couple months ago. Still holding on. :D