Gearing Questions

I have an 87 Comanche 4.0L automatic with dana 44 rear and dana 30 in the front. Based on this set-up I believe I have 3.55's in it. If this is the case, I could go up to 4.10's without having to swap the carrier correct? Also I'm guessing that 4.10s would be suitable for 33's. I'm planning on running 4.5" of lift and doing some trimming on the fenders. My XJ had about 4" of lift with trimming and I had pleanty of room for 32's so I'm guessing 33's would be okay (may rub a little at full flex). Does this sound right? Thanks in advance.

I have an 87 Comanche 4.0L automatic with dana 44 rear and dana 30 in the front. Based on this set-up I believe I have 3.55's in it. If this is the case, I could go up to 4.10's without having to swap the carrier correct? Also I'm guessing that 4.10s would be suitable for 33's. I'm planning on running 4.5" of lift and doing some trimming on the fenders. My XJ had about 4" of lift with trimming and I had pleanty of room for 32's so I'm guessing 33's would be okay (may rub a little at full flex). Does this sound right? Thanks in advance.

I think the Carrier Break for a Dana 30 is 3.73up and Dana 44 is 3.92up (meaning to go to 4.10 you would need a new carrier for both axles...)

I am having my D30/D44 Re-geared to 4.10's this weekend by a guy in my club, but I'm on 31" and 5 Spd Manual (was on 3.07's)...

With the Auto, I think 4.10's are good up to 33", but I'll let the "experts" on here chime in...