WTF:The sprinter van thread!

james750

well that explains me being in the dark a little, i left the industry in 2006.

also, my car has a cartridge style filter, in fact i did an oil change on it last weekend. same thing, top load, change the o-ring, no big deal. :dunno:

My CRD engine has that setup, I am going to be converting it over to a normal canister setup instead.

also, my car has a cartridge style filter, in fact i did an oil change on it last weekend. same thing, top load, change the o-ring, no big deal. :dunno:

My CRD engine has that setup, I am going to be converting it over to a normal canister setup instead.

Just curious, why? :dunno: What are the negatives of the drop in filter element vs. spin on canister style?

Just curious, why?

At least in my case I don't want to have to order filters in bulk from overseas just to change my oil. Converting to the normal style means I an pickup filters locally.

Just order a case of them from the dealer and keep them around, I think it would be more of a pain to convert one tghan to just get the filters.

Not when my filters were never sold in North America and need to be ordered and shipped from Europe.

What I think is funny is younger people think the oil filters with the replaceable filters are new "green" tech to save money and resources. But it is actually old technology that was offered on autos as early as 1950. Certain 396 Impalas had them I know this because Kid Rock's '65 Impala that we worked on at my old job had one. I asked if it was a mod because my Cobalt had that type of setup. My buddy said no, it is factory. Just in case you wanted to know.