im totally stumped

i have a 1989 jeep comanche 4.0l standerd i have replaced crank sensor, 02 senser , pick up coil in the distributer , pcv valve on tope of the valve cover , 6 new plugs , new fuel filtter and a full tank of premium gas and it still stalls out . while stopped at a light when its warm it will idle at 2000 while cold 300 . i have also replaced the iac and the tps so I'm thinkin ignishin coil but if anyone can give me there input and thoughts that would be grate thanks :cheers:

You may have a bad CTS (coolant temperature sensor). It's in the left side of the block just behind the P/S pump under the manifolds. It's a bit of a pain to get too, but it can cause what you are experiencing. Check your grounds too. There is a primary ground post on the right rear of the block where the negative battery cable attaches and 4 other ground wires that ground most everything in your electronic controls system. If that is not getting good ground...you will have all kinds of weird troubles...ask me how I know... :fs1: :ack: ;)

Yea........I'll 2nd Taz on that one.

Check this out, top of the page.....

http://www.lunghd.com/Tech_Articles/Eng ... ostics.htm

The the other thing I was thinking..........was the EGR valve :hmm:

everyone else summed up my thoughts, except for a TPS thats gone screwy or an IAC valve thats gone to the nuthouse-

That coolant sensor would be my first stop, but I`d check the TPS for kicks as well....might even test that MAP sensor for fun.

The RENIX system is pretty easy to work with(not on)- isolate the problem and test everything- you get used to it after awhile...it never seems to be anything dratic, just hard to find-

a vacuum leak- which is Uber common on ours- is ALWAYS the first suspect.

Good advice so far. One other thing to check along the lines of the grounds. ADD MORE!!! Its no biggie and all it can do is help!!!

Also, do a fuel pressure check. That fuel pump could be going. Mine did simular right at the end.

Good luck,

CW