Changes By Year

Has anyone ever compiled a list of the changes made to the Comanche each model year?

That list would be huuuuuuge if it were complete. Occasionally they changed the colors of the wires, apparently just for the heck of it. :dunno:

Has anyone ever compiled a list of the changes made to the Comanche each model year?

That list would be huuuuuuge if it were complete. Occasionally they changed the colors of the wires, apparently just for the heck of it. :dunno:

Okay, well maybe not THAT specific, but you know what i mean.

. Occasionally they changed the colors of the wires, apparently just for the heck of it. :dunno:

Well, there was this extra roll of brown wire w/orange stripes laying around. Seemed like a waste not to use it . . . .

If someone wanted to compile a list of the general changes over the years (don't get too carried away), we could put that in the DIY forum. Problem is that there is still some disagreement amongst the members about things like the np-242, available gear ratios, parts used during change-over years, etc. Very few rules are written in stone because of the ease of interchangeability and that the "rule book" seemed to be thrown out the window back in the day at the factory. :shake:

I doubt anyone has compiled a list, because that's generalized knowledge.

General knowledge for people who have experience with the MJ. I love Jeeps and have been into them for some time, but really don't know squat about the MJ.

First Welcome to the club. Don't worry, I have read alot of books about Jeeps (especially the parts on XJ's & MJ's) and I am still trying to figure it out. The best advice that I can give you is if you need to know something or run into a problem, the people on here know what they are talking about. If they don't know, then they have a way of finding the correct info. There is alot of knowledge on this forum. -Shane

First Welcome to the club. Don't worry, I have read alot of books about Jeeps (especially the parts on XJ's & MJ's) and I am still trying to figure it out. The best advice that I can give you is if you need to know something or run into a problem, the people on here know what they are talking about. If they don't know, then they have a way of finding the correct info. There is alot of knowledge on this forum. -Shane

Thanks man. I've already learned a lot and have gotten so many good ideas for my future MJ.