Buzzer?

I own a 1987 MJ with a 2.5 and the idiot light gauge cluster.

I have no buzzer or anything to warn me that my lights are still on when I turn the truck off :eek: . Did these trucks have a buzzer? If so where is it? My chilton manual tells me nothing about a buzzer. The Chilton manual does mention that fuse for the radio memory is the same fuse as the buzzer (it used a fancier term than buzzer that I can't recall) Well my radio memory works and all fuses are good. So I have to start looking for wiring (if it does have a buzzer.) Any help/advice?

In order to have a headlamp ON buzzer you need to have a functioning chime module. This is the plug in box just to the left of the fuse panel on the drivers side, right up against the kick panel. There were two different chime modules; one was black, one was blue. You need the blue one to get the headlamp ON buzzer. If your's is black, there in no headlamp function and you can swap it out with a blue one. Readily available at your local pick and pull from 91-96 XJs.

I probably have one of them, or can grab one from the local 'yard for you if you want.....I swapped one into mine a long time ago only because I wanted the headlight warning buzzer (I tend to leave my lights on all the time).

You'll find two different schools of thought regarding that chime module....folks either love them (like me) or hate them. I've already sent one of them to one of the club members who lives in Argentina ;)

Jeff

I probably have one of them, or can grab one from the local 'yard for you if you want.....I swapped one into mine a long time ago only because I wanted the headlight warning buzzer (I tend to leave my lights on all the time).

You'll find two different schools of thought regarding that chime module....folks either love them (like me) or hate them. I've already sent one of them to one of the club members who lives in Argentina ;)

Jeff

Loved mine that I got from fiatslug... Only needed to forget once before I installed it to convince me that it's useful.

Wade