Autopal H4 Question

I pretty certain I am going with the Autopal H4 E-code headlamps. What I need help on is deciding if I should get the WHITE 100/55W (Add $4.00), or the WHITE 100/90W (Add $6.00) bulbs. I have already upgraded the wiring harness to the headlights with 10 AWG wire. I am leaning towards the 100/90 because they should have a decent cut off. Anyone here using them and what wattage did you choose. Thanks, Rich

I had the Autopal E-code housings with an upgraded relay harness for awhile but didn't like their dispersion pattern; kept getting flashed even on low beams. And yes, they were aimed right. :D Switched to Hellas E-codes and the cutoff pattern was much sharper, and there was more usable light on the road where I needed it. I used IPF 90/60 H4 lamps in each. Frankly, I think Autopals suck.

I had the Autopal E-code housings with an upgraded relay harness for awhile but didn't like their dispersion pattern; kept getting flashed even on low beams. And yes, they were aimed right. :D Switched to Hellas E-codes and the cutoff pattern was much sharper, and there was more usable light on the road where I needed it. I used IPF 90/60 H4 lamps in each. Frankly, I think Autopals suck.

Thanks hornbrod. I will look into the Hellas :popcorn:

Thanks hornbrod. I will look into the Hellas :popcorn:

i've heard good stuff about the Hella lamps and h4 kit... I've heard it much more affordable and you can upgrade the bulbs and or wiring later to suit your brightness needs... it's a long story but if I had it to do over again I would haver bought the Hella H4 kit w/the 60w bulbs included and just slowly fine tune it until I had everything dialed and cost effective as possible

I have the auto pals with 80/90 or 80/100 H4's. I never get flashed when on low beams. Puts out significant light. However, I do find it a little short on dispersing light to the drivers side of the road. I have heard the hella lens will direct a better coverage of light on the road sides. :(

Here's one vendor; I got the Hella shells here:

http://www.rallylights.com/

Notice that the prices have gone up a bit though. :(

MJ's are the 200mm/H6054 style correct?

Can anybody recommended any bulbs?

It seems the Hella 60/55W Xenon 50+ seem to be a good deal. I wonder how good they are?

BTW do you know the coupon code?

Thanks

MJ's are the 200mm/H6054 style correct?

It seems the Hella 60/55W Xenon 50+ seem to be a good deal. I wonder how good they are?

BTW do you know the coupon code? Thanks

MJ's are the 200mm/H6054 style correct? Correct

Can anybody recommended any bulbs? I've used IPF H4s for years in all the Benz's I used to have. They can usually be found on Ebay at good prices. In my experience, they last a lot longer than the other H4s. 60-70 watts max LO beam is all you will ever need with the Hella E-code shells. I seldom use the HI beams, don't really need them w. the better lenses and reflectors in Hella shells.

It seems the Hella 60/55W Xenon 50+ seem to be a good deal. I wonder how good they are? Never tried them, and they are not true Xenons in a halogen setup.

BTW do you know the coupon code? :dunno:

http://www.rallylights.com/

I just got an email from Wil at Rally Lights. His suggestion for the H4 is to use the "85/80w Osram hyper bulbs. Part # CP64206 is a xenon white bulb, without the blue. They have the highest lumen (light) output of any H4 bulb we have." I will be going with his suggestion.

ive always wanted to do this conversion but i don't get what wiring harness i need... :dunno:

Build your own - it's easy. I have a write-up for it on my Build-up page :waving: . - Rich

I just got an email from Wil at Rally Lights. His suggestion for the H4 is to use the "85/80w Osram hyper bulbs. Part # CP64206 is a xenon white bulb, without the blue. They have the highest lumen (light) output of any H4 bulb we have." I will be going with his suggestion.

Wil, that's right, forgot his name. Good honest guy to work with. I've used the Osrams in the Benz's, in fact they are the OEM bulbs, but not the "xenons". The Osrams didn't last nearly as long as the IPF stuff in my experience. But they will work just fine, as long as they are not the ghay blue ones. So you're going with the Hella E-codes Rich? If so, good choice. :cheers:

Wil, that's right, forgot his name. Good honest guy to work with. I've used the Osrams in the Benz's, in fact they are the OEM bulbs, but not the "xenons". The Osrams didn't last nearly as long as the IPF stuff in my experience. But they will work just fine, as long as they are not the ghay blue ones. So you're going with the Hella E-codes Rich? If so, good choice. :cheers:

No blue lights for me! Yeah, I believe I am following your lead on this one :cheers: . Thanks for your help - Rich