strength of ax-15

Hello, I have a question that doesn't necessarily fit here, but I do own a comanche and have a 2wd ax-15 left over from my 4x4 swap. My brother's dodge dakota r/t just ate it's tranny. I'll probably just get a new tranny for it (I inherited it), but got curious if the ax-15 can handle that power. It's 250 hp 345lb/ft 5.9 liter V-8. I'm assuming it would eat the ax-15. A manual R/T sure would be fun. The ax-15 will probably find it's way into a rambler or triumph at some point.

I wouldn't put an AX-15 behind a 360 R/T. The AX-15 is good for a mild V8, meaning a 5.0 or 5.2 size, but that extra 100+ ft-lbs from the 360 will test it's limits for sure. 360s have a lot of grunt. :thumbsup: I have an '00 R/T myself and did a lot of manual trans conversion research years ago and when I called advanceadapters they said they don't recommend an AX-15. The NV 3500 series of transmission would be a better choice. (which I believe is what came behind the 318) But then, you have to ask yourself why Dodge didn't offer the 3500 behind the 360. I have a feeling that it wouldn't last long enough for a manufacturers warranty.