Ok new fuel pump now bucking and no power on hills

Just got the new (JY) fuel pump assembly installed and filter. Now when I drive over 2500 RPMS on the freeway or up a hill it starts to cut out and buck. In my experience if the fuel pump is bad it usually works or doesn't, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated I hate the Mother-in-laws little car :ack:

Nope, that sounds like the pump is not pumping enough fuel. Could be the pump, but in my experience is more likely a dirty fuel filter, or a dirty sock on the pump. Is the "new" pump the same size as the old pump?

You did spend like $10 on a new sock, didn't you? Replace it every time you have the pump out of the tank.

Nope, that sounds like the pump is not pumping enough fuel. Could be the pump, but in my experience is more likely a dirty fuel filter, or a dirty sock on the pump. Is the "new" pump the same size as the old pump?

You did spend like $10 on a new sock, didn't you? Replace it every time you have the pump out of the tank.

You are correct it was the pump, I removed the old one from the old leaking housing and it works like a charm. I suspect this will be a headache for others in the near future.

Thanks for that link Joe. I'm still running my stock unit; sooner or later I'll need another - hopefully later. :cheers: Good to know they can be rebuilt if I can't rebuild it myself. I'll file this away. :D
Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry used to say a man has to know his limitations, well I know mine. I frankensteined the old unit to the newer JY unit and now my fuel guage works in reverse! :idea: That was the deciding factor for me to get another JY unit and send it to the guys in the link.

Thanks for that link Joe. I'm still running my stock unit; sooner or later I'll need another - hopefully later. :cheers: Good to know they can be rebuilt if I can't rebuild it myself. I'll file this away. :D
Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry used to say a man has to know his limitations, well I know mine. I frankensteined the old unit to the newer JY unit and now my fuel guage works in reverse! :idea: That was the deciding factor for me to get another JY unit and send it to the guys in the link.

let me know when you get it back and get it swapped out again...the newer unit is a high output one and I could really use a good one...mine needs to be repaired.

-Pat