Broke a banjo bolt on my bosch ve diesel pump!

Ok, i know theres not many here with the 2.1 diesel MJ, but the bosch ve pump was used in everything from small VW's to big dodge's so maybe some of you can help me out...

Thing is i broke the banjo bolt on the return line at the rear of the pump. Anyone know if i would blow up something i i replace that bolt with a solid one?? The excess diesel still has free flow back to the fuel thank, it just won't be any flow between the return line and the pump. I'm almost ready to fire it up again and i can't get a replacement bolt untill monday, and then i won't be back here wrenching untill next friday :fs1:

Ok, i know theres not many here with the 2.1 diesel MJ, but the bosch ve pump was used in everything from small VW's to big dodge's so maybe some of you can help me out...

Thing is i broke the banjo bolt on the return line at the rear of the pump. Anyone know if i would blow up something i i replace that bolt with a solid one?? The excess diesel still has free flow back to the fuel thank, it just won't be any flow between the return line and the pump. I'm almost ready to fire it up again and i can't get a replacement bolt untill monday, and then i won't be back here wrenching untill next friday :fs1:

you will have to use the banjo bolt. if you don't, you'll back up the pump and could wreck the pump or injectors by forcing higher pressure through them than the injector pump is allowing. my Dad had the same problem on his 86 2.1 MJ and had to wait 3 weeks for the right part to ship from overseas. he never ordered the part and had our machinest make the proper part for him.

-Pat

Thanx for the quick reply! Guess there won't be any test driving this weekend... Moving on to the next step instead, how to get the intercooler in front of the radiator where it might actually do what its supposed to do! :cheers:

Thanx for the quick reply! Guess there won't be any test driving this weekend... Moving on to the next step instead, how to get the intercooler in front of the radiator where it might actually do what its supposed to do! :cheers:

eh, our intercooler suctions pretty well in the right corner. the air tubes leading to it and the open area from the headlight make it work pretty well.

At everyday driving and higway speeds, youre probably right abut that. But not when crawling around in 1th low and youre running more boost and fuel than stock. I might even look for a bigger intercooler at the junkyard if it doesn cool down the intake temp just by moving it.

No NAPA here. But it shouldnt be a problem to get a new bolt with the proper sized orifice (if that is important, according to jeepcomj it probably is) The renault 2.1 is widely used in several common cars around here.