Dumb seat attachment point question...

I have an 88 MJ with the sliding bench seat. Before I bought it, there was a slight leak in the driver's door, and there was some moisture on the floor. To see how bad it is or is not, I am removing the seat and carpet, and while I have them out, I want to clean the carpet and replace the underlayment, then rubberize the foor, just to be safe.

I got the rusted outer front seat nut to move (1/2"), but the INNER FRONT seat bolt/nut on the driver's side was really rusted over. What size it is, and does it remove from the inside or from below the vehicle? Is it a welded stud that comes up from the floor, or does it go down into a weld nut on the underside?

Any tips on removal?

Thanks in advance!

The nuts come out from under the seat, there are studs attached to the floor. If you are going to clean or replace the carpet anyway, use PB Blaster on the nuts to help loosen them. I believe the nuts are 13mm but not 100% sure. Also be aware that if the nuts are extremely rusted the studs may break free from the floor, don't ask how I know that. :hmm:

The nuts come out from under the seat, there are studs attached to the floor. If you are going to clean or replace the carpet anyway, use PB Blaster on the nuts to help loosen them. I believe the nuts are 13mm but not 100% sure.

I have been steadily soaking them in PB Blaster and some liquid wrench penetrating oil. Unfortunately, they nut near the transmission hump is (was) in such bad shape that as I used a small screwdriver to clean up dirt and crp to allow the socket to mount, the whiole nut started to break apart such that now I will need to at the least use a stripped nut remover just to get it off of there. I may just use a dremel and try to chip the nut away from the weld stud and then clean out the threads.

Also be aware that if the nuts are extremely rusted the studs may break free from the floor, don't ask how I know that. :hmm:

Unfortunately, I do know all about that from my last 95 Cherokee.