valve cover bolt

anyone know what the thread patter is on the valve cover bolts or where i can get new ones. and also i broke the front bolt off in the block. anyone know how to go about getting the remaning bolt out. don't want to drill and tap it myself and start another problem without finding out if that is the easiest way.

o and i heard that a valve cover from a 2000 xj would fit my 1990 and is actually a better design. true or false?

thanks in advance

Those should be a metric 14mm - 20x1.

You could try soaking it with something like PB Blaster for a little while then see if a reverse drill bit will take it out, but the drilling & easy out is probably going to be what you have to do.

Yes...the late model valve covers will work and they are an upgrade. If you do a little search, there is a fairly recent article about doing the swap on here. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Here it is... viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12871&p=129427&hilit=ho+valve+cover#p129427

anyone know what the thread patter is on the valve cover bolts or where i can get new ones. and also i broke the front bolt off in the block. anyone know how to go about getting the remaning bolt out. don't want to drill and tap it myself and start another problem without finding out if that is the easiest way.

Valve cover bolts are not metric; they are 1/4" x 20 UNC.