new engine new problems....of course

so i picked my truck up yesterday with a reman short block and drove it to swim practice and home... well today i take my sister for a ride and when i roll up to a stoplight it quits :headpop: did it about four times :???: so i have no idea what the deal is I'm rolling up with the clutch in and the rpms just drop and shes dead :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: also the power steering was moaning and groaning checked fluid and low :headpop: thansk for any help

swimmer eh? still in h.s. or in college?

I was (am) a swimmer to this day...manage around 10k yards a week on a bad week, but prefer to hit around 20 if i can. can't wait to go back to college for it...6 more semesters of eligibility :brows: jamminz.gif

what's your stroke?

as for your jeep issues...definitely check as listed above. also take the cap off the distributor, and be sure it's not wet in there for safe measure. check all spark plug connections, and definitely check your coil connections.

also, idk what year your truck is (forgotten already...) but check the ballast resistor. if it's deteriorated, the spring could be getting too hot and shorting it out. that's a common problem.

50 and 100 free first year competitive again. still in highschool. and I'm qualified for state jamminz.gif

thanks for all the tips ill go through and check it all out. over break i should be able to jump into this thing(my lift is going on i believe... finally

50 and 100 free first year competitive again. still in highschool. and I'm qualified for state jamminz.gif

thanks for all the tips ill go through and check it all out. over break i should be able to jump into this thing(my lift is going on i believe... finally

sweet! I'm glad to see someone else here is a swimmer...I was at state sophomore through junior year for the 200 medley relay and 200 free relays, pushing 22.9 50's as the starter and a 27.2 as breast, had it bagged senior year for 100 breast and 100 back but my co-captain and I got in a disagreement 3 days before sectionals, and as I was walking away he let me have it...right in the back of the neck (to be honest, he and I both deserved a good punch or two...just not that way).

oh well...6 weeks later (after my "coined" no-swimming taper :D) at u.s.s. state for club, absolutely blew the doors off the qual. times with a 59.9 100 breast and 2.58 200 I'm. i love the sport, it's the greatest way to get the most excercise IMHO.

what year are you in h.s.?

lift goin on eh? jamminz.gif :cheers:

wow... I'm a junior and yeah its great, a lot more work than it seems or people who don't swim care to admit

and yeah lift :D then gegear and tires and...........

bet you're excited for the lift :D

and yup. we had a bet junior with some wrestlers and football guys at my school that they would come out for swimming, and we'd try out football or wrestling. needless to say they lasted a few days, we didn't like groping other men, and we can't throw or catch :clapping: :popcorn: