Door lock ?

Can anybody tell me if the door lock cylinder will work on either side?

I let my dumb a$$ cousin borrow my truck and he lock the keys in it.So what he did was drive a screw driver in the "DRIVER'S DOOR" lock :nuts: so now I have to unlockit from the pass. side and reach across, and that really sux in the rain.If he would have called me there's a spare set of key's stashed on the truck :mad:

Anyways back to the topic I'm being cheap and don't really want to rekey the truck if I don't have to.

You can also order a set from teamcherokee and just replace both of them. Thats what I had to do because one had a key broke in it and the other one fell apart.

here's a tip for replacment: The clip that holds them in is very hard to remove. There is a plug on the end/side of the door; if you remove it you can get a screwdriver against the clip and tap it with a hammer to pop the clip off.

TB I have two locks (currently in spare doors) but have no keys for them. You can have a lock for free if you want to get it re-keyed for your key.

That can be done, but you have to destroy the stainless or black cover that is on it (the part you see on the outside) in order to do it so you will need a spare to repalce it if you do it that way as you will destroy both the donor and the one being used in the process. I have keyed several of these cylinders and there is no other way to do it.

I let my dumb a$$ cousin borrow my truck and he lock the keys in it.So what he did was drive a screw driver in the "DRIVER'S DOOR" lock :nuts: so now I have to unlockit from the pass. side and reach across, and that really sux in the rain.If he would have called me there's a spare set of key's stashed on the truck :mad:

Lesson Learned: NEVER let a dumb a$$ cousin (or any other relative or non-relative) dumb a$$ person drive your truck. This includes about every person I know. :D If you really want to be cheap, just swap the cylinders from the passengers side to the drivers side. :cheers:

If you really want to be cheap, just swap the cylinders from the passengers side to the drivers side. :cheers:

That's what I would do! I mean, really, how many times have you had to get into your locked truck from the passenger side? I'm not even sure why they have keyed access from that side.

That's what I would do! I mean, really, how many times have you had to get into your locked truck from the passenger side? I'm not even sure why they have keyed access from that side.

For when the driver's side lock is intact, but only functions about 30 percent of the time. Like on my '88 MJ. If I couldn't get in through the passenger side, on many days I wouldn't be able to get in at all.

For when the driver's side lock is intact, but only functions about 30 percent of the time. Like on my '88 MJ. If I couldn't get in through the passenger side, on many days I wouldn't be able to get in at all.

Dayem Eagle, sounds like you're dropping the ball on preventing the nasty CT corrosion intruding in the door lock cylinders and the other inner door parts. A 30% work/non-work ration sucks..........

I swapped them from one side to the other it was really easy and yes the plug on the side made it really easy.

Your right bhltaz I wouldnt lock the d@mn thing either but theres more money in tools in there than the truck is worth somtimes.well dollar amount atleast not sentimental of course!

And yes hornbrod there will be no more dumb a$$es driving my truck anymore

Thanks for all the help guys :D