231 Transfer Case??

Hello all jeepers,I have 2? here the frist is I have a 1986 jeep comanche 4x4 2.8l v6 it had a 207 tc in it I put a 231 in it now my 207 had a cable speedo and the 231 doesnt what year do I have to get and what make jeep to have the cable on my 231?? ty the 2? here is I see tranny fluid leaking from my tranny and tc where they mate up not much but I see it and it looks like its coming from the bottam of the tranny/tc any help would be great just want to say all you jeepers are a big help here :bowdown:

Could you please repeat the question in standard English, without all the TXT MSG abbreviations and acronyms, so us olde phartes can understand what you're asking? I have to be honest -- I'd like to try to help you, but I can't understand anything you wrote. I can't even figure out if you're asking one, two, or three separate questions.

Could you please repeat the question in standard English, without all the TXT MSG abbreviations and acronyms, so us olde phartes can understand what you're asking? I have to be honest -- I'd like to try to help you, but I can't understand anything you wrote. I can't even figure out if you're asking one, two, or three separate questions.

See below for the olde pharte translations. (the translations are in red) :rotf:

Hello all jeepersHi,I have 2?I have two questions. here the frist My first question is I have a 1986 jeep comanche 4x4 2.8l v6 it had a 207 tc transfer case in it I put a 231 in it now my 207 had a cable speedo and the 231 doesnt what year do I have to get and what make jeep to have the cable on my 231??The 207 had a cable driven speedometer and the replacement 231 doesn't have a cable driven speedometer. What do I need to make it work? ty Thank Youthe 2? The second question ishere is I see tranny fluid leaking from my tranny and tc where they mate up not much but I see it and it looks like its coming from the bottam of the tranny/tcThere is transmission fluid leaking from the matting surface between the transmission and transfer case how do I stop the leak any help would be great just want to say all you jeepers are a big help hereComanche Club rocks!!!! And Pete does a super excellent job and we all appreciate everything he does to provide us with this great little corner of the world

:rotf: Great translation...

I am not real sure on the 207 to 231 swap, but it seems that you would just need to get the cable drive adapter from a 231 that is cable drive and use that. If your 231 is not a cable driven setup, you must have found one from a newer Jeep...my '88 is a cable drive 231.

If you have fluid leaking from the mating surface of the tranny & t-case, that means that the rear tranny seal or the front t-case seal are bad...maybe both. It would just be smart to get both and replace them since you have to take them apart anyway. :thumbsup: