Should I buy??????

Alright, I'm new to the comanche world but not to the jeep world. Ive had several cherokees in the past and loved them. I have the option of buying a 86 comanche long bed for $800. Its a 4cly, 4 speed, 4wd, and the body dosent any rust on it. Should I spend the money on this? I want to build it up in the futer with 6-7in lift, 35's, 4.0 HO and 5 speed swap, and dana 44 f/r. It runs and drives great, but the brakes are a little soft. Like i said, the cherokee in the past I have fixed up so I have the jeep knowlage, but I am not too familiar with the 2.5 4cyl. Or should I save my $$$$ for a "newer" comanche with the 6cyl and 5 speed in it already?

Oh and to add to everthing, I do need a second vehical.

Comanche doors ARE 4-door Cherokee front doors. The same modifications are needed to use 97+ Cherokee doors on a Comanche as are needed to use them on a '96 or older Cherokee.

If you can find a rust-free MJ and the long wheelbase won't be an issue for your intended use -- don't hesitate. Engines and drive trains can be built and swapped, but they ain't making rust-free (or any other kind of) Comanches any more.