Testing the Turn Signal Switch

Hey guys,

So my right and left blinker stopped working. I got a new flasher and still have nothing, checked the fuses, they are good. I was gonna try and diagnose it, before i bought a new turn signal arm or switch. I pulled the steering wheel and everyhing "looked" good, but obviously something isnt connecting. Does anybody have a diagram on which wires in the column are for the blinkers? My hazards do work as usual with the pull switch thing on the column..

Thanks! :D

BLTAZ posted a electrical manual here in the forum...http://comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12734

and that will be of great help.

The turn signal/wiper wiring is actually the flat, multi-colored harness that goes down the column and is visable coming out of the bottom of the column shroud. It may be encased in a black plastic sheath for protection. You can see it in this picture...with the white plug at the end:

You didn't say what did happen. Do they come on but don't blink or is there no light at all? With no light the problem is probably power to switch to relay. If the lights go one but do not blink the problem is probably down stream and probably ground at the lights. That's my problem there is a voltage drop such that the battery voltage is no enough to make the left side blink (it just glows). The alternator must be putting out enough to make it blink and it's getting slow. I suspect the front socket ground, but hey the roof doesn't leak when it's not raining, I'll get to it.

Power for your turn signal switch comes into the column on pin L at the connector at the base of the column. Disconnect this connector and see if you have 12V on pin L. If you do, most likely the turn signal switch is bad or the wire from the connector to the column switch is open inside the column. Pin K is the 12V supply for the emergency flashers, and is independent from the normal turn signals.

Power for your turn signal switch comes into the column on pin L at the connector at the base of the column. Disconnect this connector and see if you have 12V on pin L. If you do, most likely the turn signal switch is bad or the wire from the connector to the column switch is open inside the column. Pin K is the 12V supply for the emergency flashers, and is independent from the normal turn signals.

U rock. :cheers: I appreciate the help.. Ill be messing with it this weekend, so well see what i find.