clayton long arm kit

I don't, but several of my friends in the North Atlantic Chapter of NAXJA do. Clayton's old shop used to be just a couple of miles up the road from my brother's house, and I went over and lurked while they installed one of the kits for one of the NAXJA-NAC guys. It's a top-grade kit, and it works. What more can I tell you?

The clayton kit is easy as heck to copy. I copied their TJ kit right down to the JJ's... I put it all together with nothing more than a sawzall, 4.5" angle grinder, and a chop saw... And with the money I saved building it myself I bought a hobart 187 to put it all together :D

Seriously though, clayton stuff it good and they are a good company and really stand behind their stuff. I think if you bend an arm they'll replace it...

The clayton kit is easy as heck to copy. I copied their TJ kit right down to the JJ's... I put it all together with nothing more than a sawzall, 4.5" angle grinder, and a chop saw... And with the money I saved building it myself I bought a hobart 187 to put it all together :D

Seriously though, clayton stuff it good and they are a good company and really stand behind their stuff. I think if you bend an arm they'll replace it...

I have been wheeling on Claytons long arms for almost 8 years now (I was one of his guinea pigs...). I have hammered on them and they are badly gouged/scratched and otherwise ugly....but not bent. If you manage to bend one, he will replace it for free. Something tells me though that if you bent one of his long arms, you've got bigger problems. I have replaced the joints on both the uppers and lowers once, only because I swapped in a HP D44 front and thought I should put in new joints while I was at it. The old ones weren't loose at all.