trackbar question

I have checked my front axle location since I installed 2" coil spacers and found that the driver side is 1 3/8" out more than the other side. I would like to know if it would be possible to correct this with a relocation bracket or do I have to spend the extra and get a adj. trackbar? Also I would like to correct the swaybar links length as well, what do you recommend for that? I also would like to know how difficult is it to replace control arm bushings? Thanks and sorry about the long post.

I don't think the relocation bracket will help here. If I remember correctly, it only raises the attaching point not side to side. I could be wrong so hopefully someelse will chime in.

I know some have just drilled a new hole in the stock one but that comes with down points as well.

The sway bar links you can fab up if you don't want quick disconnects by having a new rod or cutting and adding the right length and welding it back together.

Control arm bushings are not to tuff but if you get impatient, you can destroy the control arm. They sell new control arms with the bushings for not much more then the bushings themselves. I think I saw them at Quadratech.

:cheers:

ok if u want stock control armes i have a set of lowers u can have for $30 plus shiping or i can have the droped off in downingtown if u are near there as for relocation of track bar u can get a relocation mount for about $40 bucks that will slide the axle back over it relocats the mount at the axle

At only 2inches of lift the bracket should come pretty close to recentering your axle.

Its pretty easy to see this for yourself. You will need a friend, unbolt the lower end of the TB and have the friend sit in drivers seat and turn the wheel until the axle is centered. Push the TB back up and look at how much adjustment is required to make the axle centered. Decide for yourself.

The adj TB is a better idea or much more costly.

CW

I have checked my front axle location since I installed 2" coil spacers and found that the driver side is 1 3/8" out more than the other side.

Measure again.

A 4" lift typically moves the axle less than 1-inch, more like 3/4 of an inch. A 2" budget boost shouldn't shift the axle more than maybe 1/4 of an inch. Either you're not measuring correctly, the truck isn't sitting level when you measure, or you have other problems.