Any iPod guru's here...??

BLHTAZ

I bought a 3rd generation iPod Shuffle just to have something to occupy my mind while I ride my bike for some exercise every day.

The problem is...I can't get it to work. The instructions say to plug the USB cord in to the computer, then put the iPod on the dock. It is supposed to come up and go through a set up/sync process with iTunes (which I have downloaded the latest version of), but nothing happens :dunno: . It does say that on the initial set up it may take a few minutes to charge the iPod before it will begin to work, but it's been plugged in for almost 3 hours now and still nothing.

It doesn't say anywhere if the iPod is to be turned on or off, but I ASSumed that it would have to be on to make anything happen...

Anyone have any knowledge of these things that can help me... :smart:

I have always like new gadgets, but this one is really irritating me. I want my mini-cassette player back :mad:

Nope...nothing there. I think that is the problem I am trying to overcome. It will not recognize it, there for I can't use it... :dunno: .

I was hoping that maybe someone on here had been down this road before and could tell me if I am not understanding/doing something correctly.

What kind of PC do you have?? My one buddy had an HP and for some unknown reason the USB ports one by one decided to stop working. We could never figure out why or get them working again. If you have some other USB device kicking around the house I would try plugging it in to check to see if its the PC that is bad or if its the iPod thats bad.

My PC is a Gateway and my Laptop is a Compaq. My PC has 9 USB ports and I tried them all. 6 of the ports are in constant use so I know thay are working. My Laptop has 3 ports and I tried all of them as well knowing that I had just used one of them to do a back-up to my external HD recently.

I shipped the iPod back to the company that I bought it from and they are sending me a new one...just sucks that they are all the way up in Lynnwood, WA.