transfer case drop

:dunno: Drive shaft angles and length are a concern with taller lifts.Alot of companies offer 6"-6.5" lifts Check out how they address this .Suspension travel plays a big role here.What I would do is check drive shafts for binding or over extension with body on jack stands and suspension at full drop( wheels might have to be removed to achieve this).Unbolt drive shaft from axle and see how much extra length the splines will extend.Hold the end of shaft below axle while turning to see how much more height or travel till it binds.When you put spacers in pull out the coils and raise axle to check drive shaft and shock compression and bump stops(compressed length is probably more of a concern if you do the T-case drop).If you put on longer shocks the suspension will drop more, (unless you have limit straps),but possibly compress less depending on bumpstops.Basicly if you drop T-case you might need longer 4-links(probably a good Idea any way with that much lift) or longer bumpstops to keep drive shaft from pushing T-case back and cracking it at full compresion. On my Ram I did some minor grinding to clean some extra flashing off the front CV-Ujoint yoke just enough to stop binding at one spot at full drop.

how much lift can you go without running a transfer case drop kit.

ive got about 4.5" right now but ill be putting in some spacers to get about 6.25" when i get a dana 30 front axle.

Long bed or short bed?

It makes a difference.

i would lift the truck and go from there. if you don't experience any vibrations, than why drop the t-case. i never experience vibrations from the the front driveshaft, but did from the rear.

truck is already lifted with no vibrations, but it doesnt have 4wd yet.

and its a short bed.

Then you won't have problems after 4WD -- at least, none that a transfer case drop would fix. The drop only lowers the transfer case, not the motor mounts. A drop helps the rear driveshaft angle, but at the expense of making the front u-joint angle worse by a similar angle.

If it ain't broke ... don't fix it.

Then you won't have problems after 4WD -- at least, none that a transfer case drop would fix. The drop only lowers the transfer case, not the motor mounts. A drop helps the rear driveshaft angle, but at the expense of making the front u-joint angle worse by a similar angle.

If it ain't broke ... don't fix it.

x2.