Ram air for renix?

On the old Pontiac Trans Am there was a hood scoop that collected ram air and diverted it through a special flange that sat on top of the air cleaner. It had a foam rubber lip on the top that tightly sealed it to the bottom of the scoop.

In our trucks I don't believe you'd have enough space between the top of the valve cover and the bottom of the hood for a similar set up, but that would be one way to get it done.

On the old Pontiac Trans Am there was a hood scoop that collected ram air and diverted it through a special flange that sat on top of the air cleaner. It had a foam rubber lip on the top that tightly sealed it to the bottom of the scoop.

In our trucks I don't believe you'd have enough space between the top of the valve cover and the bottom of the hood for a similar set up, but that would be one way to get it done.

Thats pretty much how i was going to set it up, i have a few ideas in mind that i think will work, but before i made anything i wanted to find a new intake, like the k&n FIPK, i don't think they make one for the renix but i was hoping someone would know who did.

Erik :beerhead:

ram air is inneffective at speeds of less than about 250mph. It works on the principle of your car compressing the air in front of it, forcing it into the intake. at slow speeds, the excess air will "spill" around the edges of your intake.

"ram air" on pontiacs is a marketing term. Air will not compress on itself until it cannot hear it coming, meaning approaching the speed of sound. THe scoops do make for pretty good cold air entrance points though

That my blue lighted buddy is called a shaker hood..... yummmm I want to do one of those on my truck..

0407pon_02z+1970_Pontiac_Trans_Am+Front_View_Of_Hood_Scoop_Installation.jpg