paint

Dave88

what up guys.. well I'm preparing to paint my truck. i was wonering if you guys had any good advice for a good color code for a greyish silver color. I was thinking of just going to a paint shop and asking for the paint i want. My friends dad owns a paint shop but i doubt hes gonna drop any prices.

i never painted a car before but i got some good sounding advice..

i was told to use a canopy and tape a bunch of plastic table cloths together from the dollar store.

cover the canopy with the table cloth and tape the tablecloth to the ground. and make it air tight.

then get a good fan and cut out a hole in the tablecloth for then fan then tape the tablecloth to the fan?

sound right?

thanks

what up guys.. well I'm preparing to paint my truck. i was wonering if you guys had any good advice for a good color code for a greyish silver color. I was thinking of just going to a paint shop and asking for the paint i want. My friends dad owns a paint shop but i doubt hes gonna drop any prices.

i never painted a car before but i got some good sounding advice..

i was told to use a canopy and tape a bunch of plastic table cloths together from the dollar store.

cover the canopy with the table cloth and tape the tablecloth to the ground. and make it air tight.

then get a good fan and cut out a hole in the tablecloth for then fan then tape the tablecloth to the fan?

sound right?

thanks

filter sounds good.. i pained a room in my house i have a basic idea of how il do it. should i clear coat it? somone told me not to do it unless I'm gonna buy top of the line clear coat.. and i doubt that will fit my budget..

filter sounds good.. i pained a room in my house i have a basic idea of how il do it. should i clear coat it? somone told me not to do it unless I'm gonna buy top of the line clear coat.. and i doubt that will fit my budget..

not much choice for that price and have it coming out looking good. I'd say the very best thing for you to do is go to your paint store (just google auto paint then you city/state) and go talk with them. If I wasnt going to shoot clear then I'd have to go with an acrylic enamel single stage paint, but its kinda tricky to spray but easy when you get the hang of it. This is where the test panel will come in handy. .

not much choice for that price and have it coming out looking good. I'd say the very best thing for you to do is go to your paint store (just google auto paint then you city/state) and go talk with them. If I wasnt going to shoot clear then I'd have to go with an acrylic enamel single stage paint, but its kinda tricky to spray but easy when you get the hang of it. This is where the test panel will come in handy. .

another thing is i just did some bondo work on my tailgate and i have some ust bubbles around my hood.. and i was wondering what i can do for that.. i sprayed some rust converter but I'm sure theres some rust still living in there i was scared to just bondo over it because i had a friend that did that and it just bubbled through his new paint job

i googles it and found some acrylic paint for like 50. bt i want to speant a little more then that. ill stop into my local paint shop and see what they say. and ill call around.

another thing is i just did some bondo work on my tailgate and i have some ust bubbles around my hood.. and i was wondering what i can do for that.. i sprayed some rust converter but I'm sure theres some rust still living in there i was scared to just bondo over it because i had a friend that did that and it just bubbled through his new paint job

i googles it and found some acrylic paint for like 50. bt i want to speant a little more then that. ill stop into my local paint shop and see what they say. and ill call around.

Best way to remove rust that I know of is grind it down to the metal, spray 3 or 4 dry coats of Acid Etch primer then spray a primer/surfacer, block sand it, then spray some sealer, then your color coat. But still making sure all of that you sprayed is the same brand and is compatible. As for the $50 paint you found, that is cheap I was thinking more of something like PPG, DuPont, Sherwin Williams, or even GCI Industrial paint manufacturers.

Best way to remove rust that I know of is grind it down to the metal, spray 3 or 4 dry coats of Acid Etch primer then spray a primer/surfacer, block sand it, then spray some sealer, then your color coat. But still making sure all of that you sprayed is the same brand and is compatible. As for the $50 paint you found, that is cheap I was thinking more of something like PPG, DuPont, Sherwin Williams, or even GCI Industrial paint manufacturers.

For drop cloth, I went to Lowes and bought a roll that was 12 feet wide by like 100 feet long. And I used every inch of it. For under 20 bucks I though tit was a wise purchase since you can cut off sections that are much longer than table cloths.