Automatic lights!?

Has anyone ever fixed there lights on a mj to cut off a few minutes the jeep has been cut off. I know the newer jeeps did this, but I didn’t know if there was a way to make my ol MJ do it. It would be nice to have lights for minute or so when I'm going to unlock the house. It gets dark in the sticks!

Has anyone ever fixed there lights on a mj to cut off a few minutes the jeep has been cut off. I know the newer jeeps did this, but I didn’t know if there was a way to make my ol MJ do it. It would be nice to have lights for minute or so when I'm going to unlock the house. It gets dark in the sticks!

i did something a little bit different...

one fine day while i was working on my camaro i needed some tools. i went to ace to get some cheap tools as the tools trucks seemed to never swing by work when i was there. on my way out i say this cardboard display displaying some fine articles. basically, i bought a camo hat with built in L.E.D. lights. it takes two 3V watch batteries and the switch is a clicker on the bottom of the brim all covered up. :chillin:

It's called "headlight sentinal" and it was an option at least as far back as 1988. My XJ has it. I believe it's just a small module that snaps in between the headlight switch and the under-dash wiring harness.

In fact, a lot of XJs and MJs had it. You may have it and not know it. It doesn't work like the auto-off feature on a lot of foreign cars, where you can just leave your headlights switched on 24/7 and they'll always turn off after 'X' minutes.

The headlight sentinal requires you to turn the lights off manually, or they'll stay on until the battery is dead. If you switch the lights off before turning off the ignition, you'll never know the option is there ... the lights just turn off. However, if you switch off the ignition first, THEN turn off the headlights ... they stay on for one minute.

i bought a camo hat with built in L.E.D. lights. it takes two 3V watch batteries and the switch is a clicker on the bottom of the brim all covered up. :chillin:
I got one of those too. I bought mine about 2 years ago at Lowe's and I have already had to rplace the batteries once :D

The LED's are very bright...

i bought a camo hat with built in L.E.D. lights. it takes two 3V watch batteries and the switch is a clicker on the bottom of the brim all covered up. :chillin:
I got one of those too. I bought mine about 2 years ago at Lowe's and I have already had to rplace the batteries once :D

The LED's are very bright...

i got a blaze orange one also