Hughes net or Wild Blue???

CEThomas

Anyone have Huges net or Wild Blue????

The 28.8 dail-up is just getting to be a :mad: and DSL will never be near our house. So we have the choice of Huges Net, Wild Blue and I have been told that AT&T wireless may be offered soon in the area :roll: Just would like to know if anyone has Huges Net or Wild Blue, and if so how do you like it? We have Direct TV and have no problem except when it rains hard or we get a white out :roll:

We have Dish - and I realize you said DSL would not be coming there....BUT

I have researched the Satellite internet vendors, and have found them to be quite expensive. I have also been told that the signal is much more prone to interferance. The one person I knew that did have the Hughesnet recently switched to verison wireless (cell) cards, and loves it.

Of course that would only work if you had reliable wireless service.

STOP!!!! whatever you do DO NOT get Wild Blue!!! I used to be an instalation tech for Wild Blue and it SUCKS. My job would of been sooo much easier if we didn't have to constantly go out to houses over and over again because the dish or modems would crap out. As Akula69 said, its very expencive, and from my experience it is definatly not worth the money. I think your best bet would be to wait a little for AT&T to do their thing

Thanks,

Have already been told that cable or DSL will never come to our area, at least in my life time :roll:

The only draw back to AT& T or Verzion wireless is it may be 1-5 yrs till we have the wireless internet. At 28.8 dail-up and the way all the web pages are being set up for DSL guys, that is a Loong time :cry:

Well, as usual, I am the odd man out. I have had Wild Blue for well over a year now and have not had one problem with the service or equipment. Typical weather issues as with any other satellite service but then I probably shouldn't be on the computer then any way!!

Well, as usual, I am the odd man out. I have had Wild Blue for well over a year now and have not had one problem with the service or equipment. Typical weather issues as with any other satellite service but then I probably shouldn't be on the computer then any way!!
your one of the luck 1 out of 100 or so that hasnt had problems. congrats :cheers: