street MJ

no real updates. Got some new tires and an alignment today. Nothing special, just some 205/75/r15's. They ride much smoother and turning is a lot easier. I am going to try to get the truck lowered and the shocks on this coming week sometime, I also think I might paint the centers of my 10 holes gloss black. I will be redoing the flares soon as well. I also got a fairly neat picture by the flightline on the way around the base today.

and yes, that is my spare on the back, I picked up a nail and just left the spair on till I got my new tires.

I had a set of monroe sensatracs for a cherokee laying around. They had about 1k mi on them before we lifted his jeep. I had to punch out the top bushing on the rear and put the MJ bushing in there, but other than that they fit pretty well. The fronts were exact, the rears are about an inch short on full droop. I just paid a guy for a set of xj shackles he is going to put in the mail tomorrow or Sat., so that should fix that issue. I was pretty happy with them on initial impression.

I need to find a set of rubber coil spring isolaters to replace the ones up front, and I will probably hunt down one of the larger mm swaybars that are rumored to be out there. I am gonna add the shackles next week when they get here, and then cut the front springs for a level ride height.

I had a set of monroe sensatracs for a cherokee laying around. They had about 1k mi on them before we lifted his jeep. I had to punch out the top bushing on the rear and put the MJ bushing in there, but other than that they fit pretty well. The fronts were exact, the rears are about an inch short on full droop. I just paid a guy for a set of xj shackles he is going to put in the mail tomorrow or Sat., so that should fix that issue. I was pretty happy with them on initial impression.

I need to find a set of rubber coil spring isolaters to replace the ones up front, and I will probably hunt down one of the larger mm swaybars that are rumored to be out there. I am gonna add the shackles next week when they get here, and then cut the front springs for a level ride height.

Have you decided on blocks yet, or just removing a leaf?

What kind of condition is the ax-4? I'm sure it's not very fun to drive over 65... overdrive IS nice!

I envy your MJ!

I got a set of xj shackles on the way, which will drop it an inch, maybe a little more. I will probably pull the overload, as well. I do not tow or haul heavy stuff so it does not really help much. And actually the ax4 is not bad. If I came across an ax5 for cheep I would throw it in, but I can turn 80 on the hwy at right around 2600 or 2700 rpm. Still pretty good in town too. It does have quite a bit of slop in the shifter though, I may need to work on something there if it can be done for cheep.

shackles are on the counter right now. However, they need to be cleaned up and repainted. I did get the Valve cover gasket changed out, dropped one of the damn bolts between the engine and the bracket for the Alt/AC. Spent a half hour trying to fish it out till I said to hell with it and left it. The deciding factor was a combination of seeing how much I needed to do to get it out, then seeing that there was another one already in there from someone else. I will just grab another at the JY sometime. They are some odd bolts though.

yours will be the 2nd running commanche here. The only other one I have seen has not moved from the shop it is sitting at in the 6 months I have been here. And possibly, the Auto hobby shop here is not as good as the ones on AFB's but it is still pretty good. I mean, what can be terrible about a lift and any tools you need, including air and specialty, for $5 an hour? By then I will probably be done with phase one of the comanche though, will probably switch to the cherokee again.

Shackles are in, not too bad, leveled it out pretty well. I will need to find a good set of blocks to get it a bit lower. Got them cleaned up and painted, install was not too bad. Shackle angel is pretty nice. Also got my ebrake tightened up. Still need to get a valve cover bolt for a 4cyl with the plastic cover.

these pictures also show the nice facilities that MWR provides through proceeds from purchases at the AAFES exchange.The most I have paid for use of the facilities is $6, that includes air tools and use of the tool chest, and any other tools you need.

how do you get your truck to look as clean as it does in pictures all the time. It is pretty dirty right now.

• 4 months later...

Why not? Thread resurrection. I got caught up with a bunch of other stuff and did not get to do much here for the last little bit.

I got a set of window wipes and window channel pieces from Patrick on here, thanks buddy. Installed those and Now the cab is quieter and does not leak at the corners of the windows at the car wash.

I also got tired of the local radio stations and finally installed the USB cord on my radio that lets you use a flash drive to store music. I got a nicer head unit, and it does not have this feature on the face, instead you run a cord wherever you want it. So I notched out a hole next to the cig lighter and fit it in there flush. Works great.

I also polished up my taillights with light sandpaper and some MGuires Plastix.

I also wandered through the local jy and found a set of rear ZJ springs in the back seat of a ZJ (rear axle had been pulled), so no work required. Painted them red so they would have more performance qualities about them. $17, this picture shows the difference from a stock coil form a 2000 XJ.

I also got a set of WJ lower control arms from a local guy, I traded my MJ shackles for them as I installed XJ shackles on the truck. They had already ben installed on an XJ so they should be cut for the MJ already. I cleaned and painted them as well.

I have a subwoofer setup to go in once I find a good deal on an Amp, need about 250w RMS possibly a little less. It is a 10" Solar Baric Comp in a matching Solar Baric Box.

Now I just need to figure out what blacks to get for the rear. I am thinking 2" drop should be about right. I also need to get a V8 zj swaybar to install in the front, and I want to modify an XJ swaybar for the rear, at that point I think I should be pretty well setup for carving.

Next round will be the Trans-Am Formula steering box(I already have it and it is a 3 turn box) and power steering conversion. Then hopefully a full rebuild on the 2.5l with a slight overbore. I also want to convert to MPI as soon as I can find a donor vehicle to rip all the parts out of.