Smithe1811's Project Mjolnir

update? well if you take the date in the pic and make it today's date, then you have an update. she still sits the same as in the last pic. i ran out of project funding and I'm working on selling some of my extra parts to further Mjolnir. :thumbsup:

Erik

• 1 month later...

got my "new" seats put in today. found some nice ones at the JY the other day. the ones with the big bolsters and the open headrest. ill post some pics as soon as i take some. they feel like they sit higher, don't know if its because they came from an XJ or if its because i was so used to my old dilapidated seats.

Erik

Got some pics of the seats. I also put some 5.0 injectors in today. The MJ runs a TON better, i don't know if its because they are 5.0 injectors or if its just because i replaced the injectors at all. the old ones were pretty nasty.

SEATS

old nasty injector, this isnt even the worst one.......

New injectors installed

next on the list is to do the valve cover swap.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Since I'm now linking to this in my signature because I bought this truck last month, I figured I should make a bit of an update here for those that click the link. I have plans to start my own thread with updates on what I do to the truck, but current health concerns are going to keep me from doing much until next summer probably. So rather than start a topic now that will just stay dormant for awhile, I'll just make this short update here.

The thing runs great for the mileage that is on it. Had the rear main give out 60 miles down the road from where I bought it though on the drive home... out of an almost 500 mile trip one way. It would have been fine to keep going, but because of how much was leaking onto the exhaust I was starting to get pretty lightheaded even with all windows and sunroof open. Ended up renting a uhaul truck and trailer to tow it home. While I was driving it though the BA-10 shifted smooth as butter and the 4.0 seems to run just fine, if a bit noisy. I figure it's just the common "diesel" 4.0 everyone talks about because of the mileage. I've never had one this high so I've never had one this noisy. When the rear main gets fixed some thicker oil is going to be going in (Delo 400) that I hope will quiet it some. Don't honestly have too much planned for it since it's sitting basically where I like it with the lift and such. I do plan on having it painted professionally down the road, until then though I'll probably rattle can it flat black to take care of rust. Want to change the wheels to some alloys, and I'm really debating if I want to get rid of the bull bar or not. Also debating JCR bumpers. Came with a ton of parts, new, used, originals that were replaced (like the mirrors), and a bunch of other odds and ends. The custom tube steps are going to look great on the thing as soon as I paint them. It has a ton of options like the factory tow hooks, lighted vanity mirror, underhood light, etc. All the stickers are even still on it like the one for the jack, the 4x4 instructions on the visor, tire pressure in the glove box, etc.

In the end, so glad to be back in a running, lifted, 4.0 rig.

If you happen to hop on here, thanks again Erik. And keep in touch man.  :cheers:

• 3 months later...