Backspacing advice

I got some coin saved up and I am going to get some Cragar D windows 15x8 5on4.5. I will end up with a 33 12.5x15.

I like the wide tire look on XJ/MJ.

Will 4.75" of BS work on my MJ I am lifted about 6".

Does anyone else run 4.75" with out any problems?

TIA

If you want "wide tire look" you want to go with a lower number backspacing.

I would go with a 4" or 3.75" backspacing with a 12.5" wide tire. I don't recall off the top of my head what BS the D-Window's are available in, but it should be either 4" or 3.75".

For reference here is some pics (tried to find the best one's I had to show stance).

My XJ with 35x12.5x15 with 3.75" BS (ignore wife's XJ, she was only running 31's in that pic)

100_1225.jpg

My Wife's XJ with 33x12.5x15 with 4.0" BS.

img_2174.jpg

I got some coin saved up and I am going to get some Cragar D windows 15x8 5on4.5. I will end up with a 33 12.5x15.

I like the wide tire look on XJ/MJ.

Will 4.75" of BS work on my MJ I am lifted about 6".

Does anyone else run 4.75" with out any problems?

TIA

You can't run what you're proposing.

Do the math. Stock backspacing is 5.25". Rims are 7" and on OEM rims a 30x9.50 rubs on the lower control arms.

With 15x8s, you will move the centerline of the RIM outboard by 1/2" due to the extra inch of rim width, and another 1/2" due to the reduced backspacing. The tire you want to run is 3" wider than a 30x9.50 ... which means 1.5" wider to each side of the rim.

Your choice moved everything out 1" and added 1-1/2" on the inboard side. It'll rub worse than the 30x9.50s on stock rims. You need to get down to around 4" of backspacing.