i got some yj questions for ya

86FUBAR

ok , i might be finageling some parts off this guy that were on his yj , year is unknown but it did have the 4.0.

1) is the clocking on the 231 going to be a problem with my ax5 i currently have ,the trans was a nv3550 i believe (the 231 has a teralow kit and a hd SYE) .

2) does the yj also have a high pinion dana 30 that would interchange with the mj (I'm only intrested in the internals , not the housing)

more as i think of it !

You might want to double check the spline counts on the output of your trans and the input of that t-case. I do believe that yours would be 21 spline and his is 23 spline.

But you won't have to worry about the clocking on the t-case. It's the YJ/TJ transmission that causes it.

The Dana 30 internals could work. What would you be looking for there?

The YJ did use a high-pinion D30 in front, with a disconnect, so the internals will swap. Obviously, since it was a leaf spring suspension, the externals won't swap without serious work.

But ...

The YJ never had an NV 3550 tranny. The early ones had the Peugeot, and the later ones had the AX-15 (and all the 4-bangers had the AX-5). If the donor Jeep really has an NV3550, that means it's a TJ and the front axle is a low-pinion.

from what i know its a yj that he had some super mopar performance 4.0 in it that was also running an AGR pump & ram assist , vanco hydro boost , 35" claws on trail ready beadlocks . the 30 is sporting 4.88 ,ARB cromos, tube seals custom dom/heim steering and the turdy 5 is the same .

I'm intrested in the tires rims , axle , t-case , possible the hydro boost and pieces of the AGR.