Lift/tire size

mvusse

In your opinion, what's the largest amount of lift that will still look okay with 29" tires (235/75R15) without the tires looking too small under the vehicle?

Income tax should allow me to lift my truck next spring, but new tires are going to be out of the budget for at least a year after.

In your opinion, what's the largest amount of lift that will still look okay with 29" tires (235/75R15) without the tires looking too small under the vehicle?

Income tax should allow me to lift my truck next spring, but new tires are going to be out of the budget for at least a year after.

Even if yours is a DD, there always seems to be a good deal on some used tires, either local or on Jeepforum.com, just a thought.

235/75R15s are almost exactly the same size as 30x9.50s.

You don't need any lift to run 235s, and IMHO anything more than a 2" budget boost will look silly.

I would just do a 1.75" spacer in the front to level the truck out and be done with it for a 29" tire. My truck had the 235's on it when I bought it and they rubbed a little bit, but not bad. A 3" lift is going to have a fair amount of space around the tire, but I personally like the look of lots of tire room and I hate the stuffed in look.

I run a 1.75" spacer in the front right now, as I don't lake the raked look on a 4x4. That should be reserved for a 2wd truck.

But when I went to badlands last July I decided I need more lift and would like larger tires. I can't afford both at the same time, so I'd have to get the lift first, then the tires.

My current tires only have 4000 miles on them, it would be a shame to get rid of them as I don't have another vehicle using that size tire (Suburban uses 285/75R16), and off road every 1/16 tread will help, so I really don't want to get used tires.