Clutch master or slave?

Gotta pump the clutch or she keeps going... I'd assumed slave, but now that I think about it, it could be the master instead no?

There's lots of spilled brake fluid around the master. But that doesn't mean it leaked as the PO was a girl and she filled it regularily...

Would I get an obvious dripping around the bottom of the bellhousing if it's the slave (internal)?

Any good way to see a brake fluid leak?

Is this the infernal slave? If so, I've never heard of one fail by leaking internally -- they seem to just expode and dump fluid out the bottom of the bellhousing.

Check your fuse panel. Any evidence of brake fluid migrating through the firewall on the rod and dripping on the circuit board?

I haven't looked underneath yet, mostly out of dread. But it dripped on the driveway when I drove it in... The paint is all peeled around the master, down the firewall and engine bay. But I don't know if that was from it leaking, or the girl filling it...

Guess I'd better get underneath and see if there's a huge wet spot?

If the 'infernal' slave fails, is it normally catastrophic? As in no clutch authority? This thing still works, just needs a quick pump...

Okay, I'll go look.

If the 'infernal' slave fails, is it normally catastrophic? As in no clutch authority? This thing still works, just needs a quick pump....

That was yesterday. Tomorrow ...

Order the hose while you're there. It's relatively cheap, and when you see the condition of the rubber section of the old one you'll know it was on borrowed time.

If the 'infernal' slave fails, is it normally catastrophic? As in no clutch authority? This thing still works, just needs a quick pump....

That was yesterday. Tomorrow ...

Order the hose while you're there. It's relatively cheap, and when you see the condition of the rubber section of the old one you'll know it was on borrowed time.

:agree: that one get you when you least expect it

Is this the infernal slave? If so, I've never heard of one fail by leaking internally -- they seem to just expode and dump fluid out the bottom of the bellhousing.

Check your fuse panel. Any evidence of brake fluid migrating through the firewall on the rod and dripping on the circuit board?

When my clutch master failed there was brake fluid all over my fuse panel.

you should check to see if there is any brake fluid in your cab by the fuse panel or around the dust cover on the master in the cab. Also Is there a chance that the previous owner let it run down to low and got air in the line before she refilled it? It could be that she lost the cap and all the fluid spilled out then she just refilled it without bleeding the system???

It does leak, it drips of the driveway. She'd been driving it for half a year like this - just fill it up every morning. All the paint off the firewall is blistered and peeling... Now I'm scared about that fuse panel, brake fluid would probably be somewhat bad for that...

I'll get the hose if I can. I have a feeling that will be a little hard without a part number. The guys who work in parts stores here are retards.

You didn't give any details on the Jeep......So assuming this is a Renix era-

The Clutch Hydraulic hose is -

Aisin Transmission - RAYBESTOS Part # BH38938 = $28.79

Peugeot Transmission-

RAYBESTOS Part # BH38935 = $31.79

ACDELCO Part # 18J1876 {#19111259} = $32.79

The above prices are from www.rockauto.com which should be able to deliver to the far North.