Got it running, now for the fun part

Alright guys, where I last left off I couldn't figure out how to get my engine swap to work. To catch you up I have a 91MJ that The engine seized on but everything else is in great working order. Biggest hold up before I could crank it was trying to find the right water pump. Friend I got the engine from told me it was a 99 but he wasn't for sure, all we knew was that it was out of a wrangler. Finally last night, bought my 5th different water pump and figured out it was out of a 2000 Wrangler. Did the install on the water pump hooked up a battery, sprayed a little ether since it hasn't run in 1.5+ years and she started right up.

Now the hard part. throttle cable holder or tensioner or whatever the key word is. . . I need to buy one since while i was pulling the old engine out it seems to have gotten lost, anyone have an extra to buy or know of a good source? Secondly, My power steering pump and alternator need to go on. I have some brackets but they're off of the 91 block and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get them on there. I have a Chilton for the MJ and a Haynes for the wrangler engine but can't seem to figure it out right off hand. Any exploded engine views with bracket placement? Third, The fan clutch that fits onto the wrangler engine is too large to fit, IE it hits the hood and my radiator housing, Would i be okay with 2 electrical fans in place of the fan clutch?

Any help would be great, I'm so close to getting her up and at em, inspected and registered that I'm like a little kid on Christmas morning.

Jim your like the man when it comes to helping ppl out and providing the research for self help.

That's because Jim has Rainman like memory and has memorized all 113,432 posts on ComancheClub.com. Here's to you Jimbone :cheers:

Jim your like the man when it comes to helping ppl out and providing the research for self help.

That's because Jim has Rainman like memory and has memorized all 113,432 posts on ComancheClub.com. Here's to you Jimbone :cheers:

This coming from the guy who started at the last page and worked backwards thru everyone of them.

that will work in place of a fan clutch running off the waterpump i'm assuming? Thanks, I can't wait to try it out!! Down here in texas its more like 150 in the engine bay so the more fans the better!

Any ideas on what to do about mounting my alternator and power steering pump up?

This coming from the guy who started at the last page and worked backwards thru everyone of them.

Damn it man! One of us newbies had to do it. :D

So I've read mixed reviews on the PUSH VS PULL for the fans. . . which has worked best for y'all?

Got the alternator on there so all thats left is the power steering pump. I have NO EARTHLY IDEA how to get it on there, I'm guessing I'll have to fab something, any ideas?