Steering Wheel

Could anyone please tell me how to remove the steering wheel from my 86'. I got a wheel puller but don't see the two holes for the bolts to thread into. Does the horn ring have to come off first? Thanks. :cheers:

You don't need the lock plate remover just to swap the steering wheel, if that's all you're doing. You will need it if you want to access the turn signal switch and other stuff at the top of the steering column.

So the bolt holes are under the ring that the horn button attaches to? Just want to be crystal clear on how this goes. And I am just swapping wheels nothing more.

Yup. Hopefully your wheel puller has the three different size bolts, there should be 6 in the package including a bushing and several washers. It takes the smaller size.

Most horn buttons just pull off, hook your fingers under the button and gently pull the edges free. The horn ring is secured by three phillips screws, and the contact surface is under it. Br prepared for it to sound several times during this process (if you have not disconnected the battery or the horns).

I almost gave my wife deafness during the process :brows: