headers

Borla.

I've had the same header on 2 different trucks (95 w/ I6 HO and my 88 I6) with no problems, except for one: their header doesnt have the factory "dent" in it above the front diff/driveshaft. Over time I've managed to smash it in where it doesnt rub anymore when flexing. Oh yea, its very expensive too... :roll:

http://www.quadratec.com/products/77601_802_07.htm

Some old photos:

PICT8959r.jpg

PICT8960r.jpg

Yes it was. I would have never bought it for my MJ, but I did buy it for my previous wheeler (which eventually got totaled) so I swapped it over.

My MJ was cheaper than the header itself :roll: Consider that before purchasing.

A cheap upgrade is simply a 91+ HO manifold. They went with a header style with the HO 4.0.

They are different. The one on renix the flange faces down and the HO ones turn a little. I thought they didnt fit on renix? Do you just have to use the down pipe from the HO too?

A cheap upgrade is simply a 91+ HO manifold. They went with a header style with the HO 4.0.

They are different. The one on renix the flange faces down and the HO ones turn a little. I thought they didnt fit on renix? Do you just have to use the down pipe from the HO too?

I believe so.

Hahaha! Dyno sheet?! Your kidding right? This IS a jeep were talking about...right? ;)

With the borla I noticed a nice power gain between about 1,000 and 2,500 RPM. Any actual data to prove this? No. As far as sound goes, it gave the exhaust a more throaty sound, but I'm not into having the loudest exhaust on the block.

I originally bought the header because my stocker was cracked in a few spots, and i didnt want to just replace with another stock peice that could crack again. So personally I felt the need to 'upgrade'.

Pacesetter makes a header for the Renix era XJ/MJ and includes a down pipe. It's cheap compared to the Borla one...

PM us if you want a price on it. I think we even have a few in stock.

Hey, guys, I see that header ends in two outlets, one for the front 3 cylinders and one for the back three. Given the firing order, that means if you were to run a true dual exhaust, it should alternate power pulses side to side. Has anyone tried that? I'd be very curious to know if it helps make the I-6 sound more like a V-8 rather than a tired old lobster boat.

I actually thought about that running dual exhaust, but it came with a bottom peice that tied the 2 ends together back to the cat. 1st year I owned my Jeep and and the stock one cracked. I also didn't want to go back to the stock only to have it happen all over again, few years later I believe they issued a recall.

By comparing how much more free flowing it is compare to the stock, you will get a nice performance boost.

Many moons ago,

I bought a Clifford Reasearch exhaust and a Offy 4bbl manifold for a 300-6 ford engine. I addd a 390 Holly and 3:89 gears to the 9" ford axle out back. Towed great but this was in a Van so driving performance was NILL!!!

It made minor increases in Horse power, good increases in torque. It sounded REALLY good with turbo mufflers and was much TOO LOUD for the Cherry Bombs I had intended to put on it.

BTW, here is another write I ran accross this AM. http://gojeep.willyshotrod.com/HowtoExhuast.htm

CW