stearing problem

well i've had this problem for awhile. just put two new tires on. the problem got a little better. well this is going to be hard to explain so bear with me. it feels like an off balance tire at all speeds. it gets worse when you hit a small bump. i checked the wheel bearing didnt see anything wrong with them. the truck does need new struts. but feels more like a stearing problem.

next stearing problem. there is alot of play at higher speeds when you turn to the right. but corrects its self when turning to the left. any input would be great thanks

I took my truck out for it first real drive today.. My steering feels real,,, real lose, but I checked all the TR ends and greased them up real good,, I adjusted the gear box too,, I did notice when she was up on blocks (blocks under front 2wd axle not frame) that when I turned it lock to lock the body would shift in either direction.. That would be the track bar right?? How do I check it? It felt tight. Think I should get under it and have someone turn it lock to lock?? Would it still move if tires were on and sitting on gravel?

I guess what I really need to know is what should I be look for/at??????

Oh yeah sorry bout the threadjack,, but maybe both our trucks are having the same problem....

I had alot of play on one side also. My trac bar was extremely loose at the frame end. Couldnt really feel it by hand but when I put a ratchet on it and started tightening it became very obvious how loose it was. It felt like new truck after tightening it up.

how do i check the tie rod ends and your track bar mounts? the provisous owerner my uncle said its probly the tie rod ends. i just had new tires put on the front and balanced wouldnt that let me know if the rims are straight? would shocks cause this problem? i got to get this worked out truck is going to be on the road alot more. thanks

For the trac bar, Where the tie rod end on the trac bar goes into the bracket at the frame. Inside the bracket you have to pull the cotter pin and then just try and tighten it down with a ratchet. If you have a front kid plate it is easier to get to if you remove it.

To check the tie rod ends just take a pair of channel locks and grab it on top of the nut and close to the grease zert on the bottom and sqeeze it up and down to check the play this is the easiest way I know.Also the shocks,sombody correct me if I'm wrong don't plat to much of a roll with a steering problem but could on a rough road cause some wandering,And sorry but not to sure on checking the track bar,hope this helps out some.