Screws/Bolts

Since i have been going thru my truck I have been finding alot of rusted, stripped, or missing screws. Like for the grill, headlights, interior moldings. I want to replace them all with stainless. What grade should I use for things like this? When it says #4, #6, #8 are those the grade?

I agree, you're probably seeing the size designation. Typically, in American/SAE terminology the smallest diameter bolts or screws specific by shank diameter are 1/4". Anything small is a number, with #12 being pretty close to 1/4", #10 being a little smaller, and progressing down in size as the numbers get smaller.

Be sure you're looking for the correct thing, though. Many of the bolts and screws on the MJ are metric. Those are also designated by a number, but preceded by an 'M'. The number is the shank diameter in millimeters. For example, the studs on the backing plates for the fender flares need an M5 nut. (Try to find them!)

I end up buying a lot of bolts, nuts, screws, etc. from the local hardware store, but some are hard to find, so when I'm at the pick'n'pull or the junkyard getting something else, I grab as many screws, nuts, bolts, etc. off of cherokees and/or comanches. Just makes it easier in the future and they're usually free as long as I'm buying something else there.