coolant recovery bottle

I saw a picture on this sight a few weeks ago of a Comanche enjine bay and it had a stock oem recovery bottle in between the fender and the stock air cleaner assembly. Any body know what year and engine size it was? The picture was from a truck some one found at a junk yard. That person also asked if any one wanted him to pull parts from it for them.

Wish I would have saved it.

I am running a cone filter. So is that maybe a 1984?

Man I want one of those now!!!!!!

What do you think the chance of finding a part number would be?? :typing:

:cheers:

image_209027.gif

That one is fuel injected, so it's probably an '86 or maybe an '87. Can't be an '88 with that hood prop.

We have a 4 banger '88 MJ and a 4 banger '89 XJ sitting here and both have that coolant bottle...

I know you based that statement on the photo above, but just stating that they were used in several years/models.

That one is fuel injected, so it's probably an '86 or maybe an '87. Can't be an '88 with that hood prop.

We have a 4 banger '88 MJ and a 4 banger '89 XJ sitting here and both have that coolant bottle...

I know you based that statement on the photo above, but just stating that they were used in several years/models.

Hmmm ... maybe they used that air box through 1990, then, and standardized when they switched over to the Chysler ignition/injection in '91. My bad.

Nonetheless, that hood prop pegs the vehicle in the photo as an 86 or 87.

I checked the part number at an online Jeep dealer and it shows it fits a 2.5 1984-1990.

What has alwas thrown me off though is that if you search for an early 2.5 coolant bottle there is always a picture of the 4.0 bottle that sits up on the passenger fire wall.

Thanks again everyone. :wrench: