adhesive for door weather stripping

I am in the process of installing some 97+ weather stripping around my doors and am going to recover my headliner while it is all apart.

When I peeled the old stripping off there was some sticky adhesive that held it to the cab. does anybody know what it is called? or what i can use? since the crevise is very thin i assume something i can put on with a small brush.

they make it in black too, which is the only color I ever saw till I was like 20, so I never understood the gorilla snot reference.

Side note: This came from my dad who has a 1967 Jaguar e-type. The valvecovers on those care are even more notorious for leaking than a 4.0, said that it was the only stuff he ever could get to not seep oil, said a Jaguar tech told him about it once.

I tried it on my cherokee before the rebuild using a cork gasket. low and behold, the valvecover stayed dry till I tore it apart again a few years later to build the stroker.