89 MJ Gauges!

My MJ has the gauge cluster with the big gas gauge and lights for the other gauges. What all ia involved in switching them to the one with all needle gauges? Is it as simple as unpluging and pluging back in? I know that the mileage will need to be changed, but other than that is it alot to it\? thanks

After securing the right year cluster (what year is your MJ?), you'll need to swap out the temp and oil pressure switches for the proper sending units. That's about it. Be careful with removing the oil pressure switch. If it snaps off, you'll have quite a project ahead of you to drill it out.

The Odo adjustment can be done by just about any shop and they'll give you the proper paperwork to made it all legal.

It is an easy swap.

I must have had a unique situation with my truck though. I did not have to swap out the temperature or oil pressure sending units at all, everything works perfectly and reads just like my old gauges did.

EDIT

It is an easy swap.

I must have had a unique situation with my truck though. I did not have to swap out the temperature or oil pressure sending units at all, everything works perfectly and reads just like my old gauges did.

That's because you had gauges. You just changed to a cluster with a tach, right?

The need to change senders is when replacing an idiot light cluster with full gauges.

No, I had the big fuel gauge on the left, speedo on the right cluster with idiot lights. Just like this one , (pic taken from another thread.)

This is what I have now.

Strange it works fine with my truck without changing the senders? Honestly I'm not sure why but all my gauges are reading correctly. Perhaps the PO had replaced the sensors at one point with the variable ones.

Sheesh I guess its true.... every once in a blue moon something actually goes right?