install pics for diff locker

i need pictures of how to install a locker in to my jeep any and all pics will help

if there is a link anyone knows of that will take me to a place that shows me that would be great

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: i bowdown to the great comanche gods show me the way :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

i need pictures of how to install a locker in to my jeep any and all pics will help

if there is a link anyone knows of that will take me to a place that shows me that would be great

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: i bowdown to the great comanche gods show me the way :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

huh.......what kind of locker? And do you know what your doing?

then i took off the diff cover and the truck frowned on me there is no lil 1/4" bolt just a pin To do this on the D35-c axle, you will need to remove the bolt that retains the carrier shaft with a ¼" 12 point wrench said the link there was no such thing just a lil pin in a hole

then i took off the diff cover and the truck frowned on me there is no lil 1/4" bolt just a pin To do this on the D35-c axle, you will need to remove the bolt that retains the carrier shaft with a ¼" 12 point wrench said the link there was no such thing just a lil pin in a hole
:eek: UHH-OHHHH... Sounds to me like someone else has been in there, broke the head off (which happens frequently) and just left it.

does anyone have any idea how to get it out? :headpop:

this is easy.

early dana 35's had one of those split sleeve pins...it's simple to use.

take a narrow long punch and tap it through. i do not recall if it will punch all the way out or just enough to remove the larger pin for the spiders, but it's really not that big of a deal regardless.

if it's the "just enough" scenario, use a long flat head screwdriver to pry it back through where it belongs.

if it's the "all the way through" method, then you just reinstall it by aligning it to the hole, and tapping it in with the hammer and punch.

you probably need your truck up on jackstands, with the axleshafts removed or slid partially out in order to do this project.

Yup, Jeepco is spot on correct.

No big deal, just likely not what you expected. I've done it both ways. One time I had a really stubborn one that necessitated my removing the carrier to get it out.

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

CW

cool i used an old drillbit to punch it out :D worked great

tried this and that to get the locker in and no such luck :hmm:

dad was helping me and got it in :D ..... WRONG:mad:

anyway a spring got bent then had to be pulled out to get it all back out so to make sure it goes in right i am going to do what i shoutd have done in the first place and pay to have it put in :roll:

but here is the problem ... where can i get new springs for the locker:huh???: