time to lock it up

A spool is much like welding the two axle shafts together solid. You would have to be sure that your disconnect was working to run a spool in the front or convert to manual locking hubs otherwise it would not be driveable.

35 front huh? :rotfl2:

the reason i am doing this is that i like offroading with my brother.

he has a 1986 grand wagoneer with the 360 V8 d44 in the front and a crysler 20 in the rear. no mods yet but yesterday was his birthday and he is ordering a 4" suspention lift. any way i like to keep up with him so i need a little more traction for alot of stuff we do. I'm not into mud as much as trailriding but if i am twisted at all to the right or left one tire spins and i get stuck soo... i got to have lil bro help me out hopefully an EZlocker will help when we go out.

A spool is much like welding the two axle shafts together solid. You would have to be sure that your disconnect was working to run a spool in the front or convert to manual locking hubs otherwise it would not be driveable.

35 front huh? :rotfl2:

OOPS... I got this thread mixed up with the one talking about the D44 Waggy front... :oops: :laughin:

Being you have only a 2wd, I would just lock the rear end and call it a day untill later on when you want to perhaps convert it to 4wd. Being its a 35 if you want to buy and ez locker for it then go ahead and do it. This will aid you well in traction and get you farther then not having it. And will get you by untill you get 4wd. I wheeled for 3 years with only 2wd, however it sucked with open diff at first, but when I put in my 8.8 with the LSD it was much better. I went through stuff even some 4x4 couldn;t make it through.