110/115volt Mig Welder

Motion Offroad

Looking into a 110/115volt mig welder. I've come to the realization that 230volt is getting harder and harder to come by; as not everyone has it. So we're looking into a smaller, more mobile unit.

Anyone have any recommendations? I'm wanting something that can still handle 1/4" with good penetration.

I've had a miller cricket for many years the original instructions say 1/4" and the ajustment on the machine shows it,There sold under a different name now but any miller dealer should know what your askin for.It runs whell on 110 even on the end of a long ext.cord,we've even run it off a too small generator and it still worked!Good luck. :D

Look into Miller.

We just got a new plasma cutter at work that is 110/220. Sensa-something-a-nother they call it. Its a proprietary plug that Miller supplies with both a 110 adapter and 220 adapter. Then some little circuit board inside sense what voltage your pluged into and adjusts accordingly. At least in the plasma cutter sense you can use it fairly well in both environments. I do notice a little better performance using it on 220, though... for obvious reasons.

I just saw in JP Magazine that they have a portable MIG package with the same type of plug. Not sure what else comes with that ... but worth a look.

Good luck.

- Ben

I'd buy a MM 141 (or 140, or whatever number they're at) if I didn't have 220. But, I had 220 so I bought a MM 180.

I'd not have an issue using one to do 95% of what I have done. Maybe everything. You can always notch it and make multiple passes. It's just more time consuming.