Upgrading the 'new' MJ's interior

Some junkyard visitation days are just better than others. Wednesday I not only found the bucket seats/steering wheel/center console I wanted, but they're in perfect shape, AND they all match my trucks interior. I'm still geekin out about it.

I got the ralleye steering wheel and bucket seats in and will have the console trimmed and in this afternoon. Also installed the digital clock and 12v socket that mine didn't have.

I tinted the windows at 5% but geez I couldn't see out so I'm doing it in 20% tomorrow.

All this came out of a 91 XJ and unfortunately it was a 4dr so the backrests won't tilt up but when you see them you say the same thing I did - "I can live with it".

But it gets better - I found a set of 2" XJcoil spacers - JUST SITTIN THERE!! I grabbed those and three sets of stock spacers that are about 1/2" thick and those will be the lift that goes on this Wednesday. I'm just doing an AAL and shackles in the back.

There will of course be pics [before/after] when its done.

All this came out of a 91 XJ and unfortunately it was a 4dr so the backrests won't tilt up but when you see them you say the same thing I did - "I can live with it".

I did the same thing too Rick. Having a black interior, it's next to impossible to find matching interior parts, and when I stumbled across the black buckets in the 4dr XJ they were in, I snagged them.

It really is a PITA getting stuff in/out from behind them, but, as you say...."I can live with it" ;)

Jeff

:agree:

I did the same, found the o so hard to find black interior and jumped on it. I'm going to keep the short console just to help with the non-tilting buckets problem.

:cheers:

I'm sure people have thought of it but what would be involved in swapping the black fabric of a 4 door seat onto the frames of a 2 door Cherokee or MJ bucket seats? I would assume the only difference would be the hole for the lever to move them forward and the hole where the hook is in the bottom of back of the seat. just a thought.

Jonathan

I'm sure people have thought of it but what would be involved in swapping the black fabric of a 4 door seat onto the frames of a 2 door Cherokee or MJ bucket seats? I would assume the only difference would be the hole for the lever to move them forward and the hole where the hook is in the bottom of back of the seat. just a thought.

Jonathan

I'd say its do-able. I was lookin at these buckets when I was drilling out the rivets to attach the buckets to the bench framework and it looks like the fabric peels off. I was wondering cuz I was thinkin of machine washing them but changed my mind. The washer probly eat them so I used a pressure washer on them and that worked great.

Jonathan

I'd say its do-able. I was lookin at these buckets when I was drilling out the rivets to attach the buckets to the bench framework and it looks like the fabric peels off. I was wondering cuz I was thinkin of machine washing them but changed my mind. The washer probly eat them so I used a pressure washer on them and that worked great.

Yes it can be done and I remember someone on here saying they had done it. When I changed mine this week, I did pull the 4dr seat cover and put it on the MJ seat. There is less material on them where they come together. Again doable, but I don't think they would hold up nearly as well. So I just put them back on the frames they came off of. I don't have a center console so getting behind them is not bad. And yes you can throw them in the washing machine if they are in good condition.

:cheers: