Vent being Oil Fill cap on Valve Cover?

What excatly does that vent and small hose control? and would it hurt for it 2 be unplugged?.....thanks for any info.

It sucks the fumes out of the VC as a pollution control system.. Yeah it should be connected and the vent tube should be free flowing into the TB..

ok....well mine seems to run from the valve cover through a line and go into a port around the Manifold.....if i have it plugged it the truck likes to stall under load around turns, and idle fairly low, once its unplugged the truck idles fine and i don't have the stalling problem anymore. So idk?

this is an 88 4.0L

ok....well mine seems to run from the valve cover through a line and go into a port around the Manifold.....if i have it plugged it the truck likes to stall under load around turns, and idle fairly low, once its unplugged the truck idles fine and i don't have the stalling problem anymore. So idk?

this is an 88 4.0L

Your right... it goes straight into the manifold not the TB... The systems set-up to have that vac on the engine.. plug it and it stops that flow,, Thats what I ran into on my truck.. See my project thread in my sig.. "back in black"

Well mines not plugged up, its just open for now, i drove it with the line off and it ran great as usual and didnt give me any fits, i just tucked the line outta the way for now......it may be possible the line is clogged, ill have 2 check though.....thanks for the info

If that is the vacuum line I think your talking about, I don't think its a good idea to plug it. It is part of the PCV sytem and needs to have a vacuum in order to circulate exhaust gases back into your engine via the air cleaner. If you plug the system you will end up sucking engine oil into your air cleaner and it will leak all over everything under the hood. I had that problem with my 88, turns out the small vacuum line from the intake was plugged with silicon and once it was fixed it worked fine.

Yeah check to see if that rear line is clogged... unclog it and put it back on,, if not eventually your air box will start to leak oil because the crank case will be pushing fumes and oil through the large OD line on the front cover..