1st Comanche question

I have recently bought a 89 Comanche, automatic, and 4x4. I have a few questions. Are there any rear tube bupmer for these trucks like the one for the xj? Do they have any air intake systems for these trucks? Cutting on this truck is not an option for me, but if there are any mod ideas that I can do I will appreciate any and all advice. Thanks

I have recently bought a 89 Comanche, automatic, and 4x4. I have a few questions. Are there any rear tube bupmer for these trucks like the one for the xj? Do they have any air intake systems for these trucks? Cutting on this truck is not an option for me, but if there are any mod ideas that I can do I will appreciate any and all advice. Thanks

Remember the MJ (Comanche) is essentially the same as the XJ (Cherokee) from doors forward.

So anything that's for the XJ engine-wise will be the same on the MJ,, from years 86 to 90 and then 91 to 96 on the XJ. There is a few differences on some things, but spend some time on here and you'll start to see them.

1989 you say?

That's a Renix system and it severely limits your choices... Only one I know of for the intake is RUSTYS. You can make your own choice about his stuff, some hate some love. like most things I guess. I choose to go elsewhere or make it my self.

As for the bumper... I cannot think of any off hand. I think they used to be avalible. Maybe something used can be found? Beside that, if your handy and have a welder you could likely easily modify one to work!! Or make your own!! many guys here had made some REALLY nice bumpers. Check out the build threads.

CW

"bolt right on" is a bit strong. Some aftermarket bumpers are the same between the 2 trucks, but I'm pretty sure the mounts are different. I'll take the camera and tape measure with me on my next trip to the junkyard and see what I come up with.

FEY (now Westin) offers after market step and tube bumpers, thru Advance Auto - here's a list-

Westin Diamondstep; Universal Style Rear Bumper

Diamondstep; Black

Warranty: Limited 1 Year* $138.98

Westin Bumper Mount Kit

Bumper Mount Kit; Use To Install Westin Custom Step Bumper

Warranty: Limited 1 Year* $53.99

Westin QUAD TUBE, BLK MOST SPORT UTIL

Quad Tube; Specialty Style Bumper; 3 in. Tube; Black

Warranty: Limited 1 Year* $176.99

Westin MOUNT KIT

Bumper Mount Kit; Use To Install Quad Tube Bumper

Warranty: Limited 1 Year* $28.99

I just re-did my FEY bumper, and notice two mounting brackets, about 3" apart, for the MJ the outer brackets worked, using the OEM step bumper brackets. I would guest the inward brackets would be for the Dakota.

The FEY is listed for either a MJ or Dakota.

DODGE

1987 - 2004 DAKOTA

JEEP

1987 - 1992 COMANCHE

The Tube bumper also list this as a match-

ISUZU

1988 - 1995 PICKUP

With some fab work, a Dakota bumper could be used as a replacement :dunno: