MJ leaf bushings

Does anyone know where I can find urathane leaf spring bushings for stock packs? my crustys leaf packs have had all the bushings go bad . rustys says they use the stock size bushings but rather than fight the stock style back in I would like to find urathane two peices bushing with the center sleeve .

lemme know :D

Carmine... I have urathane in mine now and I can't wait to get them out. I have the stock rubber bushings waiting to go in as soon as I can find the time to do it. The urathane bushings make a lot of noise and drive me nuts. We dropped them one time and covered everything in Synthetic grease, but that only lasted about 4 months and they are back to being noisy again :roll: .

My springs are the Hell Creek Suspensions springs so I contacted them and they sent me the rubber bushings as they said they have had the same trouble with them and are now building all of thier leaf springs wiith rubber bushings.

I guess if you went to the trouble and expense of using greaseable bushings, bolts & sleeves it would be OK. I have those on our YJ from RE and they stay quiet.

Carmine... I have urathane in mine now and I can't wait to get them out. I have the stock rubber bushings waiting to go in as soon as I can find the time to do it. The urathane bushings make a lot of noise and drive me nuts. We dropped them one time and covered everything in Synthetic grease, but that only lasted about 4 months and they are back to being noisy again :roll: .

My springs are the Hell Creek Suspensions springs so I contacted them and they sent me the rubber bushings as they said they have had the same trouble with them and are now building all of thier leaf springs wiith rubber bushings.

I guess if you went to the trouble and expense of using greaseable bushings, bolts & sleeves it would be OK. I have those on our YJ from RE and they stay quiet.

Hey Brent

I figured that since these rustys spring won't hold a load worth a damn the wieght of the stuff in the bed is what killed the bushings , since the springs sag so much it just tears em up ( must be chinese rubber :D ).

so I figured the urathane would hold up better? I might be able to handle the squeaking better than feeling the rear end shift and hear it banging around on four toasted bushings.

I have little doubt the stock rustyd bushings are crap. but I agree with BLATZ. Go with the stock rubber.

They will wear fine and not squeak a bit!!

BTW, Mine are still fine. But I havent been hauling anything. Still have a couple sets of packs and add-a-leafs waitn to go in to "UP" the payload a bit... :brows: :roll:

CW

Rubber front bushings and greasable rear poly bushings with a slightly longer grease shackle is the best combo I've had.

It will have the ride of rubber bushings and the rear greasable bushings will allow the rear suspension to flex freely and increase the amount of travel if your shocks are long enough.

I have 14-15" of total rear travel with my Stanley springs, 1.25" lift greasable shackles with the relocated upper shackle mounting point.

Image Not Found