Use for old springplates

Geonovast

Bumper had to come off anyway, and I couldn't find any way to "clamp" the tow bar to anything like it's designed for, but I had a set of spring plates sitting around, and it ended up working perfectly.

l_1aa19761876f839b942f156fb1e542d6.jpg

Turns out the shorter distance between bolt holes on them is the same as bumper mounting bolt holes.

Clever! :thumbsup:

But it's not recommend that you pull from those two bumper mounts. They are just flimsy sheetmetal and not designed for pulling.

There really wasn't anything else to mount to. Trip was about 8 miles and I took it easy. It was certainly better than the first time I towed this truck, the tow bar fell off and went to just chains without us knowing, and it nearly tore the bumper off.

Ive used a pipe and chain before to pull a car or truck.. take the chain go through the pipe around the front axle, bumper mounts or frame horns, then back up through the pipe again then connect it to the pulling vehicle.. Of course its best to have someone in the towed vehicle to steer or brake. But the farthest Ive ever went was a mile or two. I don't like towing things behind me after a u-haul trailer about made me flip my moms libby....